Friday, July 26, 2013

It's been a long time but I'm back in town...

So Jonah & I have both officially quit Facebook. Again. We will see how long this lasts. I personally plan to make it permanent. I honestly cannot stand that website. I miss the days of not knowing what hundreds of people were doing at any given moment.There aren't all that many people who I really care to keep in touch with at great lengths, & I plan to give the select few the link to this blog, or simply email them.

My last post was made on my 23rd birthday. I turned 24 last month. I suck at keeping a blog up to date. Maybe this go round I will succeed.

Jonah & I just returned yesterday from a Caribbean cruise. Meh.. I know I sound supremely negative but I think we just arent cruise ship people. We agreed we will definitely be going back to Cozumel but it will be by plane. I won't deny the inate beauty of the place though. It has me wanting to go to every tropical destination possible now. Up until this past week I was a hater of the beach. I guess that's just how you feel when you've grown up knowing no other salt waters other than the muddy ones of the Gulf. I remember thinking Florida was pretty.. & then I thought Progreso was beautiful.. & then I met Cozumel. Mmmmmmmm :)

Jackson is a brainiac & speaks in full sentences & definitely drew all over my recliner & 6 of my walls, my kitchen cabinets, & 2 doors with a Sharpie. It's my fault though :( I turned the bottom half of his bedroom wall into a chalkboard, thinking I would teach him boundaries & introduce him to apersonal creativity & rules in one fell swoop. Nope. I instead taught him that it is completely acceptable to turn the entire world into your own personal canvas of destruction. Poor baby was a little confused. Poor mama has a lot of painting to do.

Blind dog is still blind. Poor Stoney. It seems he has cataracts. Surgery is an option but honestly, having a blind dog is too great & I have never been one to spend a lot of money on optional surgeries for animals. His quality of life is not lessened now that he has learned the layout of his home, & cataracts won't kill the pup. He doesn't have the urge to leave our property & I believe its because he relies heavily upon scent instead of sight. He only chews on the toys that belong to him, he has a designated poop spot, he sleeps in the same place every night, & as long as he recognizes your voice or scent, he won't yap at you. He is by far the best dog we have ever had. There's just the whole peeing everywhere when excited thing. He is almost 6 months old.  I hope that stops soon. -.-

I guess that's enough for one update. Pics to come soon of the cruise :)
-T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment