Thursday, March 31, 2011

Traffic

I have so much to update everyone on! I honestly have been putting off writing this because I don't know where to start, lol.. It's funny how much can happen in just 6 days!

My last post was the 25th. The day after that was my baby shower, which was fantastic! It was beautiful & so many wonderful family members & friends came & brought us wonderful gifts for Levi. Kelley, Connie, & Aunt Sue did a great job decorating & Kristin did a FANTASTIC job on my cake. I have pictures up [here] of everything, buuuuut...


Isn't it amazing?? She did so good. & yes, that IS Toad sitting on the edge of the bottom layer :P
Kelley ordered such a cool banner for us, too.



& Mama Sue made an adorable diaper cake with a monkey on top of it :P


All in all I was very pleased with how everything looked :) As far as gifts go, holy cow! I was so surprised! People went the more practical route for my shower. I received VERY nice things.. Things I actually registered for & that we actually really needed! Normally you go to a shower & the receiver gets an overabundance of clothing & little knick-knack stuff. I got the monitors I asked for, the exact diaper bag I wanted, an awesome bouncer, lots of bottles (including the Dr. Brown ones I wanted for colicky babies), a BOPPY (yessssssssssss :D) & TONS of other stuff. Oooh & don't forget about all the homemade stuff! I was given beautiful blankets & all kinds of awesome stuff with Levi's name embroidered on them. I'm so excited :) Now all I need is a bassinet, my baby bedding, & a few other small things. Things are pulling together to prepare me for Levi's arrival!! I need to send out thank-you cards & start working on making his baby book (that's right--I'm making it myself!)
-----
NEXT big thing is that Jonah found us a place to live! Who's excited? I'm excited, for sure. He found us a beautiful corporate apartment just a few miles from his office. Look!!

Aren't they beautiful?? I'm so happy! Doc? Check. Apt? Check. Now we just have to get there!
-----
Other than that, we have been spending time with people before we leave.. Shaun & Jenny leave tomorrow to go home to D.C. & we decided to definitely squeeze another visit in with them before they left. We went to Galveston on Monday & had a really great time :) Yesterday Jonah & I went to the fair for a little while & then went to Pearland & picked up Tre' & Katy (& were nearly killed by an idiotic truck driver who thought it unnecessary to check his blind spots before switching over 3 lanes of traffic at once while going at least 70 mph). They're here with us til tomorrow visiting, & then we're headed south to visit some family & then very much southeast for Jonah's work! Busy bees, busy bees!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment